Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 70 through Day 77

I can't believe that it has been a week since I wrote in this blog!  And what a week it has been!  Our daughter-in-law's grandfather passed away in another state and my son and her had to fly down.  They decided not to take the children because they are so small, wouldn't understand what was going on, and the expense of flying them would be too great.  So I watched the three youngest the rest of the week, got the other one after his last day of school on Friday, and left for the weekend to visit our other son and his family in their new home.  Another one of our sons and his family plus one of our daughters and her husband met us there.  We had to take down some trees.  That in itself was an ordeal.  We avoided a couple of near disasters and my husband took a nasty tumble into a trailer hitch and hurt his chest pretty bad.  But we came out with all fingers attached and lots of memories.
The grandchildren played very well together.  There were nine under the age of nine there.  We had an Easter egg hunt today, inspite of the cold.  At least we weren't at our other daughter's where they were snowed in.
In spite of all of the happenings at our home, I still threw away some items.  I went through some more of my containers, old catalogs and magazines, old make up, got rid of some more nick nacks, and old papers.  Things are getting better on day seventy - seven and I am looking forward to the next couple of hundred!

No comments:

Post a Comment