Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 34 and Day 35

No post yesterday because of Super Bowl Sunday!  We were out in the Party Barn all day and evening having a blast.  The grand kids never cease to amaze me!
While we were getting ready to watch the football game, the grandchildren were making some excess noise.  My son called them over and explained to them that we were getting ready to honor our country by playing a couple of songs on the TV and he wanted the children to be quiet and watch.  So, all the kids got quiet and the Sandy Hook Choir started to sing.  All at once we noticed the two three year old cousins (boys) standing in front of the TV with their arms wrapped around each other watching very intently.  It was a sight to behold.  Of course we got out our cameras and started to snap some pictures.  What a memory!
So, as far as throwing away something, yes I did do that yesterday.  In the morning I went through some old books and got rid of some more of them.  Today, as I was walking down stairs, I saw an old Queen Annie's Wreath that my aunt had made for me years ago.  It was looking very sad, so I decided to cheer it up by throwing it away.  I don't know how it feels right now, but I am excited!
One more thing about my grand kids.  The floor in the Party Barn is cement and we had to put some deep cracks in it to keep the floor from cracking and falling apart.  Anyway, they tend to collect dirt and my six year old grandson decided on his own to clean the out with a screwdriver.  It took him two days, but he got it done.  My husband got out the shop vac for him to use to sweep up the dirt as he went along.  My son's two children wanted to help and so my grandson told them that they could run the sweeper.  These two are four and three so this sounded like great fun to them.  I told the other adults around that I thought maybe the six year old might just be and archiologist some day and the mother of the two with the sweeper said, "Yea, and my two will be janitors!"
On a sad note, we lost my husband's aunt today.  She had been sick for several years and it is sort of relief that she is no longer suffering, but she will still be missed.  God Bless you, Marilyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment