Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stormy Weather

That song should never have been recorded. I do not know a time when we have had such stormy weather. It started this past winter and is carring on through the spring. I am half afraid to see what the summer and fall will bring.
To date, the United States has seen over 300 tornadoes. In one day there were over 160 with over 300 people dying.
Last winter we saw blizards like we haven't seen in decades. It just makes a person wonder what is around the corner.
But I look at weather this way, we can't change it so there is no use complaining about it. When I was flying, in an airplane, and it was one of the first times every to be in one, an officer in the army was sitting next to me. He could tell by the death grip that I had on the arm of the seat that I was not comfortable with the whole situation. He said some profound words that have stuck in my head all of these years. And I quote, "You can't get out and travel another way, so you might as well sit back and enjoy the ride." Enjoy the weather ride, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment