Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jobs

It seems all I do anymore is to look for a job.  I am not sure what is wrong with me, other than my weight and age problem, that I can't get a job ~ but I know that somewhere out there that the perfect job is waiting for me.  I have had several in my life, some good and some not.
My first job that I had was being a daughter to my parents and a sister to my siblings.  We didn't have a lot growing up and it was easy to be good at both.  Our home was filled with children and we were close enough in age that we had to get a long.  The first home that I remember was a two bedroom and I shared that kids' bedroom with six of my brothers and sisters.  Mom, Dad, and another brother were in the other.  There was no running water inside and an out house.  Looking back, it was an outstanding childhood.  Your imagination came into play a lot.
The next job I had was as a student and a friend.  Once again I did great in both categories.  I had the best group of girls in my class.  Every other year I had to be in a split class with the best in the grade below us because of the class sizes.  We got a long with those girls as well.  We were one happy group.  For the most part my teachers were fantastic.  It was a time of wonder and innocence.
During this time I started my first paying job ~ babysitting.  I got paid very little for too many children to watch and too long of hours.  My first babysitting jobs were for fifty cents and hour and I had to split that with one of my brothers or sisters since mom didn't trust us to be by ourselves late at night.  I have so many different stories to tell about those jobs but that is a blog of its own.
We moved when I was getting ready to start high school.  It was extremely hard on all of us, but my dad had to be in a different part of the state for his job.  (I still to this day keep in touch with my best friend from my elementary and I have a daughter named after her.)  Once again I was thrown into other types of jobs, but I will save them for the next posting.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment