Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is right around the corner and I would like to take a couple of entries and talk about questions that you would like to ask your mother (or mom, as I call mine).
Tonight's question is pretty simple. "If you could, would you change anything?" I can answer that one for my family.
I think on the most part, each and everyone of us has something that we would change. I know my biggest one would be that I would never have gained the weight that I did. I look at my daughters and I know that I should have tried harder to look as they do. I am trying now, but it is a lot easier to put the weight on than it is to take it off.
As far as the rest of my life, I know that I would remarry my husband in a heartbeat. I have never loved anyone as I love him.
My children, I wouldn't change them or their spouses for anything. They each picked exactly who I would have picked for them and they seem to blend well with each other. Oh, sure they have a spat or two, who doesn't? But they do compliment each other.
My grandchildren, there is nothing as special as grandchildren. Of course mine are the best looking and the smartest. They are the only ones who come up with something cute to say or do.
My extended family, they can irritate me sometimes, but you gotta love them. When you are at your lowest point, someone is there to hold out a hand. We always have each others' backs.
My friends, I have millions because I love to meet people and consider them my friends if they will let me. Sure there are those who don't understand me and turn away, but those are the ones who I try harder to become a friend because I think they need one more than the rest.
My country, I know that there would be no place on the face of this earth where I would rather live. We have freedom and that means everything.
So, my answer would be no! No, I wouldn't change a thing! How about you, Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment