Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

"The" Royal Wedding might have taken place in England yesterday, which by the way was very special. I thought they looked so much more in love than Princess Diana and Charles did when they got married. I loved how he said, "You are so beautiful!" when she got to the alter. But anyway, back to my other thoughts - even though the main event was in England and the majority of us were only invited through our television sets, we still enjoyed many a party over here.
At my work place we had a Wedding Party of our own. Many of the ladies wore plastic terras and others wore big brimed hats. I wore a hat that was decorated with a giant red, white, and blue bow because I was representing the USA. I also had on a bright red feather boa.
We had a Wedding Luncheon that I sent Royal invitations to over the e-mail yesterday morning. We had some rejections to these because of the short notice, but for the most part, the office was full. We had Pizza "King" pizza, The Royal Feast obviously, and we had Dairy "Queen" cake which had written on the top "The Royal Wedding Cake."
There was alot of laughing and much talk about the wedding, which several of us got up at 4:30 to watch. The hour flew by and we had to return to our common jobs. But just for those brief moments we were royalty and that is what life is about. Take those few moments, however fleeting, and enjoy them to the fullest. They will give you memories for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment