Sunday, March 6, 2011

Education

I can see now why the state governments want to curtail the education system. The following is a post on my wall on Facebook. It is a conversation between my great nieces and some of their friends.

Brria, why u call me then not answer ur fone when I called back?? geez

lol cus u aint answe when i called....and whe u called i aint here it, and i didnt feel like callin back lol

nxt time i txt u, or call u bout sumtin u BETTA answer ASAP!!! lol

lol she is.

Now, I have to admit, it takes some brain power to figure out what this conversation is about, but I wonder if they really spell like that all the time or is this just something to impress each other.
I have never been one for short cuts on anything, especially writing and speaking. I think your communications skills speaks volumes about yourself. If you spend your life using short cuts in something as simple as talking and writing, what is going on in the rest of your life?
I am worried about the future of our country. Can you imagine the speeches made by our leaders if they write like that now? Soon we will be down to just consonants and no vowels. Let's get behind the education systems and help our young people take pride in their communication skills.
P.S. There is no lol (I detest that) in any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment