Friday, March 4, 2011

Sayings

In my lifetime I have come across many sayings that have touched me deeply. They are ones that stay in my heart and I bring them out when the world can seem like a dark place to be and it gives me light.
One of my favorites is: "Life is not measured by the breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." How true is this? I do not remember every minute of everyday, but I do remember my first kiss, the births of my children, and the smiles of my grandchildren.
Another one: "Wish, Hope, Dream. . . Make it Happen!" This one says a lot about trying. Never, never give up. God gave us wishes and dreams for a reason. Our lives would be pretty dull with out them.
Today I have a new saying. "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." When life hands you a bunch of "wet", just dance in it. You will feel a lot better and can lift your head and go on.
I am sitting here listening to Enya and want to wish you all the best of days. Go take a deep breath, do a little dreaming, and don't forget to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment