Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring

I am sitting in my kitchen today, warming my hands on a nice hot cup of tea. Looking out my window I see my first sign of spring. There is a pair of robins hopping across my yard. It makes my heart soar.
I do love the change of the seasons. I love the winter and how beautiful it can become. I don't like trying to drive in snow and ice. I like to be able to walk out my door and not worry about falling and hurting myself. My sister fell this year on ice and is just now getting her "boot" off after eight weeks.
Spring has a very special place in the seasons. It is the new birth of the trees. The birds who left us last fall are coming home again. Soon the brown earth will be green and the soft breezes will blow through my open windows once more.
I will miss winter and look forward to seeing it back next year. But for now, I am watching my robin friends have their lively walk on my front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment