Friday, June 11, 2010

The Car

I decided to take a weekend trip with my sister and her children. We didn't want to put the miles on our already over-miled cars, so we rented one. Fate seemed to be trying to step in and steer us away from doing the whole outing from the very beginning. We had to keep overcoming obstacle after obstacle, but we finalized the itinerary and looked forward to the trip. Little did we know that it was going to turn into one of the longest journeys of our lives.
We left at 11:30 and made it to Cleveland at 5:30! Why so long, you ask? Did they go shopping, or to a park, or maybe they stopped to have a nice relaxing meal? Oh,no! We had a rental car that at special times, like getting onto or while driving in a four lane interstate, would decide to go top speed of 40 miles per hour. Have you ever been traveling along and have a semi-truck practically run you over by coming up on the back of your vehicle and then quickly going around you way to close? Multiple that by hundreds and you have my driving experience. I called the rental place when we first got started and they told me to hit the reset button. That seemed to help until we hit Findlay, and then we also noticed a burning smell happening. My sister called back to the rental company and they informed us that it was the breaks sticking and they thought that it would clear up shortly. He informed us that, "It would work for us." Let me tell you that it didn't!
Now we are in Cleveland and am not looking forward to the return trip. I guess I always did want to live in a big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment