Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Little Bug

Driving at night on country roads can be a very dark experience, but it is even more so with approaching bad weather. I could see houses with their lights burning in the windows, but everywhere else it was pitch black. I was trying hard to make it home before the storm hit the area. Much to my surprise, as I turned onto my road, there to greet me in the side ditches were hundreds of lightening bugs. Now, on a regular evening in June, these unusual creatures can make me smile with their twinkling little tails, but tonight they were a beautiful beacon leading me home. I slowed down so I wouldn't hit any of them on my windshield and just enjoyed their company on my final mile of my journey. I appreciated the fact that the first ones of the year were there to greet me when I needed them most.
I am so thankful that in our ever so busy lives that there are still some things that bring wonder, like butterflies, rainbows, children, and my wonderful, lovely, fire flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment