Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer

I can't believe that it is June already. We have so much to do in the summer months that it seems like the days just melt one into the other.
Our big trip to Cedar Point is coming up. I can not wait to get there. My one grandson calls it Snoopy's House. I don't ride that many rides, but I sure do enjoy watching the kids ride all of them. A couple of my daughter-in-laws and myself have started our Cedar Point training. We keep walking more each day so we are ready to keep the pace once we get up there.
Another thing that I am looking forward to is our 4th of July campout. We make our back yard into a campground and each year we have different themes and different camp directors. This year is my husband's and my turn to be the directors. Our theme is M*A*S*H and we have been sending trivia questions through the mail to everyone all year. They have no idea of the challenges that will face them once they get to camp. This year is our first year for a junior camp. The grandchildren are getting old enough to want to participate, but not old enough to take some of the rough housing in the older camp, so they will have their own to do. I have had them doing nature books throughout the year and am looking forward to seeing those.
We also host many family reunions at our house because of the large yard, pond, and the party barn. I am looking forward to seeing all of the relatives again.
One thing that I am not looking forward to is my husband's and sons' fishing trip to Minnesota. I am glad that he gets to go, especially this year since my one son who goes along with him is going to be deployed in November and will be missing next year's fishing. I am sure that the guys will create enough memories for years to come. But I do get very lonesome for my husband while he is gone so I have a lot of yard and house work to keep me busy and my mind from thinking about the fact that he is away.
But all in all, summer is a great time to sit back and just enjoy life. Suppers on the deck, swimming in the pond, and eating fresh vegetables from the garden. Looking forward to those tomatoes already.

2 comments:

  1. Cool site Jan. Keep up the good work. Does this have something to do with a possible job? Dianne wanted to know.
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Countdown till Minnesota boys leave...7 hours! I have a lot to do if I am going to get those gifts and letters ready for Patrick to take with him. Too bad we are still trying to get him packed and finish his masters program!
    Lucus, ¿Es el siete de junio todavia?
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete