Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pride

I have to report today on how proud I am of my family. We are staying in Sandusky tonight so we can go to Cedar Point tomorrow. We went to eat at a resturant for supper and on our way back to the motel, a car was broken down in the one lane. Cars were zooming around it or backed up behind it and being very impatient. I was in an Explorer with my husband and one of my sons and his family. My son pulled up next to the car and asked if they needed some help. The driver reported that her battery light had come on and the car just died.
My son immediately pulled around her and into the nearest parking lot. As soon as our car stopped, my husband and son jumped from the vehicle, ran back to the broken down car, and started pushing it into the parking lot. My daughter-in-law jumped out of our car and grabbed the jumper cables.
When trying to jump their car didn't work, my son took his family and myself back to the hotel, got his twin brother and some tools, and went back to the broken down car to help my husband who had stayed there to try to figure out what was wrong.
They finally had to call a tow truck because they figured out that it was the fuel pump that had stopped working. At this point my family could have walked away and let this be the owner's problem. But they came back to the hotel and after letting my husband and his twin out, my son drove two more trips to take the family of eight to their hotel. He could only fit so many in his car at once because of the car seats that were in there.
I am proud that my family took the time to help a stranger and her family. I felt sorry for the cars that couldn't take the time to see if they could also help. Even just asking and then not doing anything about it is better than sitting there honking the horn.
Let's wake up people and help each other. Maybe someday you will be on the wrong end and be the one needing the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment