Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grandchildren

I took a few days off from blogging to spend time with my grandchildren. They always amaze me in what they can say and do. Sometimes their insight into life is equal to that of an adult and usually more profound.
The other day while walking out to the party barn, which seems way to far to a little person with smaller legs, my grandson asked me why we didn't "park" the party barn closer to the house? To him it seemed like it should be right outside the door instead of the 50 yards or so that it is. I tried to explain that it looked better there and that it served a greater purpose being closer to the pond. He still thought that it would have been nice to have it by the house, especially when you need to use the bathroom.
My other grandson, who got sick in the night on Saturday, had a very funny experience early Sunday morning. His mom had put a trash can beside the bed in case he had to vomit again. Around two o'clock in the morning, his mom heard him crying and ran to his bed thinking that he had gotten sick. When she got into his room, she found him stuck in the waste paper basket with his bottom down inside and his head, arms, and legs flaying around. He must have fallen out of bed and landed smack inside the trash can. He didn't even remember it the next morning.
I get to spend tonight with three more of the grandchildren. I so enjoy each and every minute that I get to be with my family. I am sure that I will have more stories to tell tomorrow. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment