Monday, June 28, 2010

Compliments

Have you ever given a complete stranger a compliment? I love to do this. Like the other day in church, the gentleman sitting behind me had a beautiful singing voice. At the end of the service, I turned around and complimented him on his ability. I could tell that he was very proud. We said a couple of words to each other and went on our seperate ways, probably never to speak to each other again. But he knew that someone appreciated his gift.
On another occasion I saw a woman that had clearly taken the time to get herself ready that morning and look outstanding. I went up to her and told her that she was beautiful. It took her back for a minute and then I could see that she was thankful for the compliment.
It is easy to compliment the people that you love, but not a stranger. People do things everyday to help make this world a better place, be it by something they do or something they create. Take the time to let them know that you appreciate what they have done. You will be surprised how good it will make you feel and probably them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment