Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Cable Guy

I can not figure out this occupation. I have had them tell me that they will be "there" between 8:00 and 5:00. They have showed up anywhere between 7:30 AM and 10:00 PM. Yes, that is right, one actually called and told us he was running late but would be there yet that day. He ended up coming a little before 10:00 that night and we had to get out flood lights so he could see what he was doing. Another one misjudged how far it was from Dayton to our house and showed up at 7:30 in the morning. It was nice to get it out of the way instead of waiting around all day for him to show up.
Recently we had to have them come out to our house again to switch their equipment for the digital revamp. They told me they would be there between noon and 5:00 that afternoon. I had to leave mom before 11:00 so I would be sure to be home when they got there. When it got to be 4:45 and they still hadn't called and weren't there I called the company. They had forgotten that they were going to come to our place that day. They said that they would send someone the next day or the day after that at the same time. I told them this was unacceptable and that they needed to send someone out yet that day, I didn't care what time it was going to be. They ended up sending not one but two of their top guys only to discover that they had already updated our equipment. I would have been very upset had I taken another day off just to find this out.
Today my mom switched TV providers. Yesterday they told me that it would be between noon and 5:00 and would take an hour. I received a phone call at 9:10 telling me that he was running early, shock, and would be at Mom's in about an hour. I quickly got around and came over to Mom's. It took me less than half an hour. When I pulled in there ahead of me was the cable guy and it didn't take him an hour to do the work, it took him 2 and a half hours. It wasn't that he didn't know what he was doing or took his time doing it, it just took that long.
So, it just goes to show you that you need to plan on the cable guy coming between 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM and he can stay anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours. When it comes to the cable guy, just be glad he got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment