Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Towing a Car

Today, coming back from town while traveling down a back road, I came upon two cars, one was towing the other. It looked like the wife was in the first car and the husband in the second. Neither one looked happy with the situation.
Now if you are a woman and have never had the pleasure of towing a car, well God Bless you and make sure that you never take the opportunity to do this feat. I personally have had to do this and refuse to ever again. No matter what the woman does, it isn't right. You can drive exactly as they say and in the end that isn't what they meant at all. You just can't win.
The only exception to this was the day that my dad had my mom help him try to start the tractor. He was driving the car pulling mom on the tractor. She was suppose to try to turn it over while he was going around the block. They got back in the driveway and the tractor still hadn't started. Dad thanked her for helping and said that he would have to try something else to get it going.
Mom came in the house and pulled me to the side. She made me swear not to tell dad, but she had forgotten to try to turn the key over on the tractor while he was towing her. They had just driven around with Dad yelling back to Mom, "Anything happening?" She would yell back, "No, not yet!" They had just taken a nice trip around the block with the neighbors watching and waving. Mom never let on that it could have been any different. Dad passed away without ever knowing the truth. It has made me smile on many occasions when I have brought it to mind. The image is very vivid and I wonder how different it might have been had dad ever found out the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment