Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sounds

I am a person of sound. I love to hear the birds singing in the trees. I love the sound of rain hitting the roof and knowing what wonderful things are happening because of this refreshing water. Or the sound of fire crackling in a fireplace or at a campfire.
I love music. I need to have music playing most of the day. It doesn't matter what kind, but I prefer the oldies and Christmas music. I am not too fond of Country, but I can listen to it if it isn't twangy.
But there are some sounds that I can do without. I think I can live the rest of my life without hearing fingernails on a chalk board. Thank goodness most of the chalk boards are a thing of the past. Now everyone is going to the wipe off board, yea!
How about the sound of a dentist drill. I don't think anyone, not even a dentist, can say, "Now that is a sound that I love!"
Then we have the snores and grinding of teeth. These can really distrub your sleep.
Glass breaking is another sound that is disturbing. Even if it isn't something that you really liked, which nine times out of ten it is, you know that you are going to have a mess to clean up. And I usually get cut on at least one piece.
But one of the worst sounds ever is on a hot summer day, reaching for your ice cold drink and the sound of an empty glass coming up through the bottom of your straw. That is one of the worst sounds in the world. Thank goodness the ice and beverages are usually close at hand. Make sure you keep hydrated on these 90+ days!

No comments:

Post a Comment