Friday, July 16, 2010

Containers

I bet I could go to any home in the United States and find at least one container that doesn't have a lid, or a lid that doesn't have a container. I think we should all gather in Hometown, USA with our containers and lids and if someone has one that matches, you flip a coin to see who goes home with the complete set.
But there are other containers that can drive me just as crazy. I have lotion, from a brand name company, that I can never get the last two ounces out of the container. They make it so it is impossible to do this task. You can pound, shake, and squeeze to your heart's content, but you will end up throwing the thing away with the last of your lotion inside. One day I got desperate enough to take one of my kitchen knives and saw the blasted thing in half. As they say on TV, "Do not attempt this at home." Not just because it is dangerous to saw a round container in two with a knife of any kind, but it also left little shavings in my lotion and I had to throw the crazy thing away anyway. So, I have come to the conclusion that I am not purchasing eight ounces of lotion, only six. It helps me keep my sanity. (I am sure that I will still try to shake, squeeze, and pound those last drops out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment