Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Laughter

I love to laugh! I love to hear others laugh! There is nothing like the sound of real laughter. However, I do not like a fake or forced laugh.
I have a grandson who is not a year old yet and he has the biggest, funniest belly laugh that I have ever heard on a little guy before. When he laughs, people actually come over to listen to him. While looking around at the people watching him, there are smiles and more laughter. It is the sound of the future.
But the best laugh that I ever heard and rings through my mind to this day, is the laugh that came from my uncle, my mom's oldest brother. He was a giant of a man, not only his physical side but also with his personality. He passed away when I was only ten years old and I wish that I could have known him better. He loved life, his family, his country, and he laughed with his whole being. It was a deep, genuine sound that would seem to bounce off the walls. Like my grandson, when anyone would hear him, they didn't need to know what he was laughing about, they too would be compelled to join in. This is the sound of the past.
The sound of the present is anytime that I see or hear people having a good time. This past weekend is a good example. We just celebrated another year of freedom. As a nation, we have come through a couple of hard years, but the laughter, thank God, is still there. Take the time to join in and have your own bout of genuine laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment