Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fire and Water

On the news lately have been numerious places, both in the United States and other countries, that are suffering from great fires and huge floods. I have to admit that I have always been terrified of my house catching fire, but I think a flood would be just as devestating.
I am not sure if it would be easier to know that all of my possessions had gone up in smoke or to see them soaked with water and ruined anyway.
We just found out today that an Amish neighbors almost got burnt out last Thursday. One of their sons were reading with a lamp and fell asleep. While he was sleeping, he accidentally knocked over the lamp and it caught a chair and the curtains on fire before he woke up. The father of the household ran upstairs and put the fire out before it could do much damage, but it could have been a deadly fire. Also, look at all of those wild fires out in California. It seems like hundreds of homes get burnt out each year.
Then I see on the news that somewhere out west a fifteen year old girl was washed away in a flash flood and got killed. I am sure that she was just an innocent bystander and not doing anything foolish. And don't forget the floods in Pakistan. Wow does that look horrible! You can't help but feel bad for all the people over there.
So with these gruesome thoughts behind us, I would just like to say that I hope you have enough fire to keep you warm and plenty of water so you will always be refreshed. Stay safe out there, it is a wild world!

No comments:

Post a Comment