Sunday, August 22, 2010

Public Restrooms

Two of the most frightening words ~ EVER!!! Oh, how I hate to use public restrooms and it seems like I have had to use a lot of them lately. We went camping - public restrooms. Took a long trip - public restrooms. Had to stay in a hotel - almost public restrooms! Went to the drive-in - you guessed it, but I didn't!
Yesterday was the real kicker, though! My sister came into town and several of my siblings and our mom decided to get together at a resturant. With extended families, we ended up having around thirty of us sitting at a very long table in a large facility. There was no way you could visit with everyone. It took our waitress an extreme amount of time to get the drink orders, the appetizers, and our orders taken. My husband and I were helping our daughter-in-law at one end of the table take care of her three boys. This made visiting with others almost impossible.
By the time our food finally came, we had been in the resturant for over two hours. We finally finished eating and left to get into our cars. Did we leave? Of course not, we had to stand and talk in the parking lot for an extra half an hour. This is bringing our lunch together at a three and a half hour rate.
I had water, which since I am trying to loose weight is my usual choice of drink now, and the waitress and manager made sure that my glass was never empty. Although I had sat just several feet from the restroom inside, I didn't think about needing one until I was standing out in the parking lot. I thought that I would have felt foolish walking back inside, so my husband took me to a local retailer, building supplier, because he needed some things. I should have walked back inside the resturant and felt foolish, I am sure that it would have been a little bit better. But at least it was clean and I didn't want to turn and take my chances on making it somewhere else.
Since we had taken so long eating, we decided to stay in town because my grandson was having a birthday party at the local bowling alley at 5:00. We wasted some time in the store and then went through a drive-thru to get a drink. Of course I got a large one, it was very hot outside.
At the bowling alley, the kids and some of the grown ups bowled and I helped take care of the smallest ones. Somewhere a long the line, someone got me another large drink.
You would think that I would learn, but very shortly I was looking for that international sign that said women's restroom. After entering the dark recesses of the chamber, I really wished that I would have been wearing a Depends. You can not even imagine! There are no words to bring justice to my findings! I tried to cover the seat, but the tissue would only come off one very thin sheet at a time and speaking of time, I was running out of it. My legs were crossed and I was biting my lip to keep from screaming.
I finally sat down and to my surprise was blessed with reading material. Did you know that Edward Collin was hot? He must be because it said it on the walls four times. Also, Kat-Kat sat here - which made me pray that this was a person and not a feline.
There were some words that made me blush and some that made me ponder. I am not for sure which statement is true because it said that vampires were real people and then again some one said that they were not. One very intelligent person wrote that they had done their duty. As far up as they wrote this message, I am pretty sure they had to have been standing on the seat at the time and that would be a most peculiar way to do anything.
It was time for me to leave my little library and once again I had the distinct pleasure of pulling one sheet off the roll at a time. With at least twenty single sheets in my hand, it was still like looking through plastic wrap. I know it did a really fine job!
I went out to wash my hands and of course there is no soap, and the only drying material was just that, a roll of fabric towels that should have been changed a couple of years prior. (I used my shirt!)
I could not wait to get home and scour my whole body from top to "bottom"!

No comments:

Post a Comment