Wednesday, August 11, 2010

People Watching

Have you ever been somewhere and have nothing to do but to watch people? I have had the pleasure of doing this several times in the past week. One of the times I already wrote about, the Urgent Care, and now I am going to comment on some others.
One of these times was last week when I was waiting for my daugter-in-law out in her truck while she was getting her two oldest sons out of Bible school. One of the doors to the church was locked. One by one, people would go up to this door and try to open it. It was fun to watch them, especially when they would see someone else try the door but still have to go try to open it themselves. One lady was so determined to open it that she would pull hard on it, wait a second and pull again. Then she turned as if to leave and went back and pulled again. She tried to open that locked door six or seven times. And then as she was finally giving up, a man came, they had a discussion about the door, and then he tried to open it also.
And then on Monday, my husband and I had business to do in a local town. After we were finished, he had a meeting in the same town so I went to McDonalds to wait for him. I had an opportunity to watch many individuals come and go. Also I got to observe the workers. The people who worked at this particular McDonalds were younger workers. They were laughing and getting along with each other very well.
The people eating there were an odd lot. Most of them came in twos or threes. Not many of them talked to each other. But there was one group of four men, looked to be in their early twenties. They ordered their food, joking with each other and the girl behind the counter, and then proceeded to have the best time while they were eating. They laughed and carried on the whole time that they were in the resturant. It was fun to watch them and nice to hear them having such a great time.
I enjoy listening, watching, and talking to people. We do make up a great bunch, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment