Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Slogans

As I was power washing my walk-out last night; yes, I am still at this task, I realized that I was running out of things to power wash. I tried to think of ways that I could go around with a power washer and help people out with some of their chores. The only real thing that I could come up with was a slogan for this kind of service, "Have power washer, will travel!"
I have come up with other slogans through the years, especially when I am doing something that I am not too crazy about doing. Some of my better ones was when I was younger and we had to pull weeds, set runners, or hoe strawberries. Those slogans were, "Save a strawberry, pull a weed!" or "A runner set today, will increase your pay!" and the ever lovely, "Be sure to bend, better strawberries in the end!"
But I do have to say that some of my best slogans came about the year that my mom and I spent several weeks in a row attending different relative's funerals. For some reason that year about everyone we knew had someone close to them pass away. We were not surprised when someone would call and tell us that they had lost a loved one. As we were sitting in our 9th or 10th funeral home, we started to come up with different slogans. This was probably not a good thing to do at the time because it made us giggle and it really wasn't the right place to be silly. A couple of our best ones were, "We mourn with the best of them!" "If you don't have a friend, we'll be there at the end." and the one that we thought would make a great bumper sticker, "You die, we'll cry!" Kind of catchy don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment