Thursday, August 5, 2010

Garage Sales

I went to the 127 garage sales with two of my sons today. My one son thinks this is a real holiday and the other one thought it was all junk. It is strange how one thing can take on two different meanings.
As far as the holiday goes, there were a lot of good bargains and we ended up with a few of them. My biggest bargain was a pair of Carhart coveralls for one of the grandchildren for a dollar. The best part of them is that there were no holes and all of the zippers work. You talk about b-a-r-g-a-i-n-s!
And then there was the junk. I agree with my son, there was too much of it. I sometimes wonder why people keep some of the stuff that they do and especially why they would put a price on it and set it out in public for others to see that you have kept this piece of crap. One place thought that they could hide the rust on a old wheelbarral with a thick coat of bright yellow paint. The rust under all that paint was bubbling up and making the whole thing look like it had a strange disease.
But the best part of the whole day was being able to spend time with my sons. I don't do this often enough. When we get together it is a whole big lot of us and that is great, but I do so love my one on one (or two) time together. Just out making memories on State Route 127.

No comments:

Post a Comment