Monday, August 2, 2010

Reunions

What better time to catch up with family? This past weekend we had two reunions at our home. Having the party barn is the perfect place to have them.
We put the air conditioners in for more comfort for the oldest generation. We did have a very enjoyable evening on Saturday, my mother-in-law's family, and ended up sitting outside for the majority of the festivities. We also had a campfire and made a ton of Smores before everyone ended up leaving in the very late hours of the night.
Sunday, my father-in-law's family, was the day that we were extra glad for those air conditioners and fans. The pond was also used to its full potential.
It is nice to see my husband's family members and to catch up on all the happenings through out the past year. I am very sad that my husband's brother and sister couldn't attend. They missed out on a lot of fun.
But as for my family, you can't complain about half of my children and their children showing up to help and to enjoy. The others would have been there I am sure had they not been out of state. They all called to see how things turned out and I appreciate them remembering the family.
Some people look on reunions as a chore. I look on it as a time to make sure those family bonds are strong. We need family to keep us going. It doesn't have to just be your immediate family, those outer branches come in handy when you need to grab on to an extra hold or two. I thank all that attended these reunions this year, I thank my children for helping, and I hope that we have as good of a turnout next year. Keep in touch, family. We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. What about a crisp fall day for the reunion weekend? Mom's 80th is coming up. Are there any plans? Doubt that the party will be in SC. Willing to help with whatever.

    ReplyDelete