Thursday, January 13, 2011

The blue spruce

In our front yard is a big, beautiful blue spruce. It looks so majestic, especially with the winter snow lying in its branches. The tree stands well over fifteen feet, maybe even closer to twenty. But when it started out, it was only a foot tall.
The first five years that it was in our front yard, it didn't grow. In fact, there were times that I didn't know why we didn't just pull the thing up and plant something that would look better. But, I gave that little bush the benifit of the doubt and just kept talking and loving it. And now I am getting repaid with the grandest of evergreens, standing straight and tall, streching toward the heavens to show off its splendor. I am a tree lover and do not like to see any cut down. I have had many trees that have been very special to me through the years, the chopped down tree (which was actually struck by lightening) and the mighty oak that has its branches come clear down to the ground to let my children play in them. But there will always be a special place in my heart for my beautiful blue spruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment