Monday, January 24, 2011

New Traditions

I believe in traditions. Our family has a whole slue of them for each holiday or special occasion for when we get together.
I also have some traditions that I do on my own for just myself. Some of these others might consider to be just superstitions. But regardless, I do love tradition.
Yesterday I started a new tradition. Every year I send out the same Christmas cards to the same people. Every year I have been getting fewer and fewer cards back. So I started to think to myself that maybe people just weren't into the Christmas card thing anymore.
I have been putting off doing anything with my cards that I received this year because I was trying to come up with a way to only send cards to the ones that had sent them to me. Usually I write down the names of the people who have taken the time to write to me but I always end up loosing the list and send to everyone once again.
So, while I was home tending to a very bad cold yesterday, I started looking at the pile of cards. I got out my Christmas cards that I had bought for this coming Christmas and started writing out my cards. I am pleased to report that I have about 2/3 of my cards done and will probably finish up this week. I am then going to put them on top of my decorations for next year and be ready to mail them next December. The ones that I normally write letters in, I didn't seal up and will stick a letter in them when the time comes. But otherwise, they are signed, addressed, have return addresses, and are waiting for the stamps. If anyone moves, I will just use white out. I feel so liberated.

No comments:

Post a Comment