Monday, January 10, 2011

John Wayne

What an American Hero he was. This weekend I have been watching part of a John Wayne Marathon. Although I have seen each movie over a dozen times each, I love to see them all over and over. Right now I am watching Red River, yesterday it was True Grit and Rio Lobo, and Saturday was Mclintock. What an amazing group of movies.
I know that he wasn't the best looking of movie stars, but he had this presence about him that made his movies that much better.
But the one thing about him that I loved the most was his pride and respect of America. He was one of my first experiences of hearing such love for our country. I had learned about the United States in history classes at school, but he added so much more when he was talking about it. He would make me want to stand taller and want to wave the flag more.
When I think of him, I do think of his movies but I also see our nation's colors waving and know that he is one of the many reasons why this country is as grand as it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment