Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Girl Scout Cookie Time

One of the most dreaded times of the year, Girl Scout Cookie time. Not because I don't want to buy any, because I don't need to eat any! They have way too many different kinds to pick from and they seem to add a new and better cookie each year. This year's new one is called Shout Out. Of course we will have to try them. The good news is that I have learned to freeze them and use them in my husband's lunch when I don't have time to make any desserts. But I am sure that I will have to at least sample a few.
The good thing about the cookie sales for the Girl Scouts and the popcorn sales for the Boy Scouts is that it helps to build character in our youth of America. The ones that ask me to buy from them have such pride in themselves for the job they are doing and are always appreciative of any support that we as a community can give.
So when those little ones come around, call, or you see them in front of stores selling their cookies and in the fall popcorn, take the time to buy some. It means more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment