Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book Fairs

How much fun are book fairs? When I was in school, I loved to go to them and see all the beautiful covers with all of the bright colors. Every book looked more intriguing than the one before. I wanted everyone that I saw. But it was hard for mom to come up with the extra money, they cost all of fity cents up to two dollars. So I had to be careful that I got the one that I really wanted.
My sister was just a year older than me so we would pick out books that would interest both of us and that way we got twice the books. We started reading A One of a Kind Family series and The Box Car Children series. We would read and reread them until the covers almost fell off. We were in heaven every single night and anytime there were days that we HAD to stay inside.
Tonight my grandson experienced his first book fair. The prices have gone up slightly, now they are anywhere from four dollars to eight. He was just as excited as I had been those long years ago. He too was having a very hard time picking out just one book. He ended up picking out one for himself and one each for his younger brothers and sister. How sweet is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment