Thursday, February 24, 2011

Talk Radio

I do not understand how someone can listen to talk radio. When I think of radio, I think of music, not talking.
My husband can listen to someone talking on the radio for hours. He will even listen to the guy who has no emotion in his voice. But as soon as I turn on some music that is a little on the slow side, he is saying that he wants something snappy or upbeat. What is upbeat to someone talking about the same thing over and over?
I especially do not like to listen to someone reporting on a sports event on the radio. How do you follow that? I can never figure out who is doing what. Give me a game to watch on TV anytime, but never on the radio.
I do have to admit that when I was growning up there was a radio program on every morning when we were getting ready for school. It was two old time announcers who would pretend to go out to the barn for the daily chores. You could hear the door squeak open then hear them talking to the different animals and the animals would make the proper sounds back.
I will never forget the time though that someone streaked through the program one morning and the two old guys talked about that for years. There was always a lot of laughter involved when they brought that subject up.
That show I wouldn't mind hearing again, or even Jack Benny, or Allen and Burns. Now that was talk radio. But I don't think my husband would like to hear them. I guess we will have to start using headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment