Monday, February 21, 2011

Really???

I just received an e-mail that was suppose to be funny and instead I am sitting here saying to myself, "Really?". I sometimes wonder what people are thinking when they do certain things.
This image, that I am sure will take the rest of my life to get out of my memory, was of a little boy, sitting naked, holding a very sharp knife up close to his penis that he is holding with his other hand. The picture was taken up close and personal so it makes you wonder, did the adult who took the picture say to the child, "Hold still while I run get my camera?"
It is like the Christmas song that I can not stand. What mother, lying in her hospital bed dying, would want her husband to not be paying attention to their child, who is at a store by himself, dirty, trying to buy blue shoes for his mother. "Really?" That would be one sure way to bring me back from the dead because I would be jumping up out of that bed and kicking my husband's a**! He would have a lot of explaining to me on why he didn't know where in the heck my child was, let a lone why he was dirty! (I really do not like that song.)
I hear of children who are left in their homes by themselves for days and it breaks my heart. Or what about the mothers that would rather drown or shoot their children than to deal with the pressures of taking care of them. Give them to me. I will love them or find someone who wants to. Don't take pictures of them doing things that will hurt them and then have the dumbness to put it on the internet. If you get this e-mail, I beg you not to pass it on. Don't fuel this stupid behavior. Help make this world a better place for all children.

No comments:

Post a Comment