Monday, February 28, 2011

Teenagers

You hear a lot of what is bad with teenagers, I would like to write about some good.
The other night, while driving in a local town, I saw three teenagers in a front yard making snowmen. It was a wonderful sight. The snowmen (there were two of them) were taller than the kids. They were having a ball making them. (Did you like the way I threw in the "ball" remark? I am just too clever!)
In church, several teenagers helped with the ceremony. They looked so saint-like in their actions. Also, sitting behind me were a couple of girls who sang like angels. It was wonderful hearing them. On the way out of church, I observed a young man helping an elderly woman down the church steps. I am sure it was either a grandma or an older relative, but it made me tear-up watching how gentle he was with her and how much care he gave to making sure that she was safe. He didn't mind how many people saw him or how long it took for her to maneuver her steps.
I know that these are just a couple of examples of what teenagers can do and I know that there are a lot more out there. We need to see the good things in them and not always the bad. We need to compliment them on a good performance and encourage them to keep it up. I honked and waved at the ones making a snowman, I told the girls after church how wonderful they sounded, and I thanked the young man for helping the grandmother. All of them smiled and that was a wonderful sight also.

No comments:

Post a Comment