Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The blizzard of 2011!

I saw a satellite view of the United States. The current storm/blizzard is covering from Texas to Maine. Some places are getting snow, others ice and a combination.
Yesterday stores were packed with shoppers stocking up on bread, milk, eggs and junk food to keep the kids quiet for awhile. Today schools are closed and those kids who have already gone through all the sugar coated stuff are out burning off the extra energy by sliding down snow banks.
I am cleaning my house and baby proofing it because my daughter-in-law is coming over with her four. They have a lot of ice and she is afraid that the electricity will go off. If I were her I would want help trying to keep the four entertained. I am sure my son that lives down the road will come help keep the boys busy with snowmobile rides and snowball fights.
So if you are at home today, have fun! If you are at work, be careful when you drive. But just remember that we are not in this alone. There are a lot of people in the area of "The Blizzard of 2011!"

No comments:

Post a Comment