Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Cardinal is never wrong!

I am a big lover of birds. I don't even mind the occasional sparrow. But wild birds are my very favorite.
We put bird feed out all year round. My husband is forever looking for the best sunflower seed that he can find. Me personally, I just go get wild bird feed and let it go at that. He doesn't like it when I do though, so normally this is one of his jobs.
The thing about wild birds is they always let you know when a storm is coming. They are better at predicting the forecast than the area weathermen. Everytime before a big storm, somewhere within forty-eight hours, the wild birds, especially the cardinals, will come up to the feeder and stock up on seeds. Just like we hear there is a storm coming and run to the store to get plenty of junk food and staples to make it through whatever.
The birds have never let me down. I can get to the store long before everyone else and be back safe in my home watching for what is going to happen in the skies. So put out some bird feed and watch for your own little weather birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment