Friday, February 18, 2011

USA

Three of the most powerful letters in the alphabet ~ U.S.A. I am so proud to be an American and to be able to take advantage of all the liberties that this country provides for all of US.
I have been watching what is going on in the Middle East and how they want what we have had since the beginning of our country. DEMOCRACY! How great were our fore fathers that they could put down on paper back in 1776 an unique idea that would make this country the greatest on the face of the earth.
I am so glad that I don't have to demonstrate for freedoms that we have, but I love the fact that I can demonstrate without threat to my life or to the lives of my loved ones.
I am also so very proud of all of the men and women that serve in our armed forces. I feel safe in my home knowing that they are out there protecting US day and night.
I love this country and all that it stands for. In John Wayne's words: "You ask me why I love Her? Well give me time, I'll explain. Have you seen a Kansas sunset or an Arizona rain? Have you drifted down a byute down Louisiana way or watch the cold fog drifting over San Francisco Bay? Have you heard a bobwhite calling in the Carolina pines or heard the bellow of a diesel in the Appalachian mines? Does the call of the Niagara thrill you when you hear her waters roar, look with awe and wonder at Her Massachusettes' shore where men who braved a hard new world to step on Plymouth Rock? Do you think of them when you stroll along a New York City dock? Have you seen a snowflake drifting in the Rockies way up high, have you seen the sun come blazing down on a bright Nevada sky? Have you hailed to the Columbia as She rushes to the sea, or how you headed to Gettysburg in our struggle to be free? Have you seen the mighty Tetons or watched an eagle soar, have you seen the Mississippi roll along the Missouri shore? Have you felt a chill in Michigan when on a winter's day the waters rage along the shore in a thunderous display? Does the word Aloha make you warm and stare in disbelief when you see the surf come thundering in on the reef? From Alaska's cold to the Everglades, from the Rio Grande to Maine, my heart cries out, my pulse runs fast with the might of her domain. You ask me why I love Her? I've a million reasons why. My Beautiful America, beneath God's wide, wide sky."
God Bless the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment